Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Concrete and Roofing (Not in the same places)

Today was rough because I had to go back to work after being off for over a week with my kids. I'd gotten used to checking in at least twice a day- sometimes more. Now I have to wait until I get home at night and hope I can figure out what happened while I was gone. That's no fun!

It was easy to see what was done today, as the roof looks amazing. While I originally wanted a very black roof, I think this color will look a lot nicer with our siding and stone. Black would probably be too harsh.

If you look close you can also see that the front porch was poured. Here's a better pic, along with a shot of the garage floor.




 
The boys were extremely disappointed that I wouldn't let them write their names in the concrete, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I told them they'd have to wait until we pour the patio out back.

The concrete guys had a long day. They had to stay after the concrete set up a bit so they could smooth out any rough spots. I don't think they left until 7 or so. Below is a shot of the basement, which will get poured on Wednesday. Look closely and you'll see a shiny lining that I'm assuming is some sort of vapor barrier. We also have a drain that goes around the inside of the floor to the sump pump. I REALLY don't want to ever have to worry about water down there!
 


 At some point the plumbers were in, as the waterlines for the sink and refrigerator are now set up. Kasey was also there at some point, and sketched in the sink, which is going to be a complete nightmare. I bought an apron-front sink from Ikea that I've wanted for years. It's a beast- 3 feet wide, 2 feet deep and weighs about 135 lbs. The supporting cabinet has to be reinforced (the sink does come with the bars for this) and the counter tops have to be notched out to allow for the apron. Our trim carpenter is not going to like me! But I know it's going to look awesome, and now they'll know how to put one of these in.

BTW- The link to the sink (see how I rhymed there?) is the first time I've done that. Here's hoping it works!

Sorry about the fuzzy photo- not sure what happened.

 Here's the water line to the refrigerator. I know what you're thinking- "These photos are so amazing and exciting to look at!" Your sarcasm is not appreciated, but totally understood.


No comments:

Post a Comment