Sunday, May 20, 2012

Seeing the Light...

...at the end of the tunnel. This weekend we went through the house with a packet of post-it notes to mark spots that needed touching up. A friend walked through with me so I could have a fresh pair of eyes looking also. I'm sure the painters are going to love me!

I also figured out where the electricians are to put the floor outlet, and I finished up the lights. After seeing them all over Pinterest and the blogosphere I decided to paint a chandelier for the dining room. I found this at a garage sale for $10. The seller wanted $15, but I drive a hard bargain. This is our big brass lovely the day we bought it.



Today I finally had the time to break out the paint. Not the clever use of a shepherd's hook! And yes, that's a farm wagon in the background. There's a John Deere tractor behind that. One thing I'm really looking forward to at the new house is a farming implement-free yard. Anyway...





The boys "helped" me tape and paint.



I think I'll give it one more coat, maybe a matte protective coat. And then I need to work on the covers, which are pretty unique.



I've never seen ones that have the cap on the top and bottom.

Here's an interesting little fun fact: I found an identical painted chandelier on Etsy for $295. If any of you would like to pay me anywhere near that I'll come hang it in your house myself.

$295? People amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment