Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Closing Time

In the last few days the painters touched up the walls around the ceiling, the electrician reinstalled all the lights and the HVAC guy came in to install a gas line for the dryer.

Everything has been done.

It feels a little weird.




Yesterday morning we closed on our house.

Kasey came over bright and early to do the final walk through with us. We went through all of the warranties, mechanicals, the particulars of the plumbing, furnace and electrical system. We discussed ways to clean things, preventative measures and possible updates in the future. He gave us a big folder with all of the papers we might need for everything in the house. It's all tabbed- divided by category. We also got a magnet as a reminder of what kind of home maintenance items should be done with each season. And finally, on a nifty little house key chain, we got our keys.

Now that the building portion of our journey is over, I can honestly say that working with Kasey was a pleasure. He always kept us informed with everything that was going on. Our build was very fast, and overall the process was very smooth. If there was a problem, he always addressed it right away. I never felt like I was disturbing him or that we were anything less than his most important client.

The build is done, but that doesn't mean that I'm done with this blog. When I have some time there a few more things I'd like to write about. And, of course, I'll keep you updated on anything I think you would find useful.

If you've been following along, thanks. It's been fun.

21 comments:

  1. How exciting! I must be a bit emotional today because I got a tear in my eye reading this. Thanks for the blog. It has helped us--we're in the framing stage now. I look forward to more posts. Did you count how many days it took from dig day to keys day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is beautiful! I hope you post pictures when you are all settled in:) Thank you for blogging-it has helped us a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is beautiful and I'm so glad things went well for you and hope for continuted satisfaction with your home. I'll admit to being jealous as your building experience with them is what I hoped ours would have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've followed your entire Wayne Home Blog only to find out that they caused some constructional damage to the home...my wife and I both were in the plan to build with them, but after reading many complaints by other customer I think we'll pass

      Delete
    2. I'm interested to find out what negative things you have heard. My husband is really pushing building with Wayne. Thanks

      Delete
  4. Thanks for all your posts. You promted me to start my own blog too. http://buildingournewjamestown.blogspot.com/p/dig-day.html

    Congrats on the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was weeks ago...can you puh-lease post some pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been following your blog all along-and we also enjoyed your open house:) We have a question for you-if you have time, could you email us at andygross855@gmail.com, giving us your email so we can send you our question? Thanks again for your time in doing this blog, it has helped us a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in the midst of making some final decision to build with Wayne and stumbled upon your positive blog. I am curious about your choice of poured vs. block walls. I have been told block is the standard and that poured would be an upgrade. I also have read on other blogs that poured is a standard. Can you please comment on this choice? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are currently building and block was standard for us. I wonder if it depends on the area? On Brent's blog, I think he mentioned his poured walls were standard. That's one thing that always puzzled me too. Here's our blog if you'd like to see our progress.
      http://buildingstorieswithwaynehomes.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  8. Looking for an update... Please let us know whats new with your home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your blog! I am in the starting phases of building a Jamestown and this and other blogs have been a HUGE help! Please check mine out and give ANY advice you may have!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for writing your blog. We are considering a build with Wayne in the near future and the Montgomery is our top contender if we can stay in budget. We would love to know how it's going now and how Wayne has been now that the house is "Finished". We appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to see if there is an update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is interesting! I enjoyed reading your great post.Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have shared here.Las Vegas Electrician

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are getting ready to sign with Wayne homes and were wondering if you had any updates to share. We are going to build a Montgomery Craftsman. Did you take the painting/flooring/lighting credits? If so, would you mind sharing what they were? Also, where are you in NW Ohio? We are close to Findlay. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey, we are out of Findlay too. Did you end up building? If so, how was the process and outcome? Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Ohiowaynehomestead.blogspot.com is my blog if you would like to see our journey or have any questions, Ashley. :) OhioMags, have you had your two year fit and finish? If so, (or not, really) how did it go? Thanks again!

      Delete
  14. Thank you to all for all of the information! I really appreciate all the advice from the commenters too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are looking into starting the Wayne Home process. We live in Northwest Ohio as well (near Napoleon) and I would love to hear if you are still happy you chose Wayne Homes. My email is jennyjojo25@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the blog. I've been looking for new home builders in Atlanta, GA and this really helped me know what to look for.

    ReplyDelete