Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Putting It Together

This post isn't about the house, either. You've been warned.

Over the past week we've been moving in a little. The appliances were delivered June 1. It POURED all morning long which meant the truck couldn't pull around to the back. Where the French door is. It's the only door wide enough for our refrigerator. So for now the fridge is in the garage. As soon as the ground can hold a truck we'll move it ourselves.


The oven is ready to be installed as soon as we buy a cord.
To install the microwave we need to drill a hole in the cabinet so we can plug it in.


The washer and dryer are ready to be installed, once a gas line is put in.
Yep- no gas line for the dryer. Electric is standard, so I guess it was overlooked.
That's one of those things you don't notice until you need it.


 To recap, we have several fabulous appliances, yet can't install any of them.

Except the dishwasher. It's mostly installed. I only need to pick up one little part.


In other news....

I've started stocking the pantry. So far I have 4 bags of Everything Pretzel Crisps.
I blame Target.


B put together one of the bunk beds. The boys "helped."


 We finally worked on a sofa. That's right- singular.
Because Ikea prices are great, but their directions are horrible.
B figured out the sofa while a friend worked on the dishwasher.
We have amazing friends.


Someday I'll put on the slipcover.


Someday.



8 comments:

  1. What brands of appliances did you get and why? We went to a local store and they recommended Frigidaire for everything, including the washer/dryer. I'm just looking for some more good options to consider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go with whirlpool you won't regret it, my wife and I purchased the front loader set and let just say they're amazingggggg.

      Delete
  2. Love all your appliances. I'd love to see pics of the kitchen with everything in place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the house is really starting to look great. Does anyone know where I can find some villas in Rochester mn? If you know of any place just let me know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Been thinking of building a new home, so seeing all this is rather interesting. Thanks for all the info and pics! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice house, this stuff really looks good with the interior. I am at a similar stage of construction of the house. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! I am in the process of finishing off some renovations in my house, and this was a really great read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete